Formal training is offered for the following:
Preschool, Kindergarten and Parent Program
Kids Have Stress Too! for
Preschool, Kindergarten and Parent provides a comprehensive introduction to key
aspects of childhood and brain development and the crucial role caregivers and
educators play in buffering the impact of stress on young children. Designed
to meet the needs of early childhood educators, kindergarten teachers and those
working with parents, the program contains practice and curriculum-based
strategies to help young children learn how to become aware of and manage
stress. The parent component trains Facilitators to deliver a three-part
program to parents and caregivers with the goal to help them better understand
stress and teach their children ways to manage it.
- A. Level One Training Workshop - KHST! Preschool, Kindergarten and Parent - 6 hours: Includes Guides, resources and certificates.
- B. Who is it for ? Early years professionals and others ( e.g. infant mental health professionals, public health officials, teachers) who work with young children and their families.
- C. Recommended number of participants: For optimal learning results, it is recommended workshops do not exceed 40 learners per session.
- D. Objective: This workshop is designed to increase participants' understanding of young children stress and their confidence in implementing the "Kids Have Stress Too!" Preschool, Kindergarten and Parent program.
- E. Specific Learning outcomes of this workshop includes:
What is Stress
Stress from a child's point of view
Their own stress response & coping skills
Impact of stress on a child and how it affects behaviour
Concrete strategies to help children reduce and manage stress
Adapting strategies for use in an early learning
Their influence as an important role model for children
The role they play as a key support to parents and co-workers through sharing their knowledge
Includes parent component to deliver presentations for parents of older children
Workshops for Educators and Parents
If you are a parent or educator interested in learning more about the KHST! or Stress Lessons programs in a workshop format, please contact us (information below).
Training dates are often posted in the What's New section of the website. To book a training or to inquire for training dates in your area, please contact:
Anne Murray - Central Regional Consultant
Cindy Andrew - Western Canada Regional Consultant
Paule Giguere - Quebec Regional Consultant
Margie Fowler - Atlantic Regional Consultant
Becky Sussman - Program Assistant
If you have been trained in one of the Kids Have Stress Too!® programs, you can order materials by completing and sending us the order form found on our RESOURCES